What are the skills and attributes that a person needs to be a good personal assistant? The personal assistant nyc job is getting more and more in demand today. More companies and even businessmen are looking for personal assistants to hire. Nowadays, the job of a personal assistant or PA is being recognized as a very useful manpower when it comes to task organization. If you are an individual who is planning to apply for the position, you have to make sure that you have the PA qualities that will give you the job that you are aspiring right now. So what are these personal traits?
A Good Personal Assistant: Checklist
- Good Interpersonal Skills– You are a good PA if you can work under pressure. No matter what the situation is, a PA must be able to calm herself and think appropriately. There could be several difficult personalities in the business or company, a good PA knows how to handle these types of people. Remember that a PA is someone who goes with the CEO of the company who is working in a pressurized environment.
- Good Communication Skills- PA’s are the first point of contacts in the CEO’s office. When customers or clients call, a PA is going to handle them first before being forwarded to the boss. Therefore, a PA must have a good communication skills. The PA must be good verbal communicator. When communicating, one has to know what are the appropriate words and tone of voice to use. There is personality in communicating. Sending of messages is crucial therefore they have to make sure that they are able to relay the message well.
- Good IT Skills- We are living in a computer age world. Almost everything is being run by a computer. A good PA must have a good IT skills. Whenever there are technical troubles in the office, she should have the knowledge on how to check and fix the problem before calling the help of a professional.
- Good Internet Skills- The internet is a great source of information. A PA should have good amount of skills when it comes to research using the internet. If someone has a good knowledge of e-commerce, that is a definite plus.
- Good Character- No matter how good and skilled a person is, if he or she does not have the good character, the person does not qualify a personal assistance job. One very important characteristics of a good personal assistant is the attitude. You have to be someone who can get along well with others.
You can always follow your dreams of becoming a Personal Assistant It is a good opportunity to earn money. If you have more questions regarding this type of career, you can always do more researches.